Thursday, July 10, 2014

We Heart Summer // A Bucket List

PART OF TODAY'S PROMPT MENTIONED A SUMMER BUCKET LIST AND I TOTALLY HAVE ONE!! It is two screen shots long and I worked very hard on it. 

... wanna see?




I started summer bucket listing a few years ago, and it may possibly be the best idea I have ever had.  I give myself plenty to do, so I'm never bored.  Trying to accomplish everything on the list also keeps me from getting stuck in a rut of poorly disguised routine, like the summer I discovered Disney channel and watched Wizards of Waverly Place 24/7, or the one immediately following that when all I did was work out.  There's more to life than that.  There's Nickelodeon, and cake, and summer bucket lists help me to make sure I appreciate all that the 104 days of summer vacation have to offer.  Stuff like:


| Tagging along to my little sister's horseback riding lessons



| Running, in actual official runs and races. Like the Color Run, pictured below. 


| Taking the time to make - and eat - pancakes for breakfast. 


| Hiking.


| Family vacations.


| Gardening the garden.


| Baseball games.


| Adventures, like this one to the Heidelberg Project in Detroit last July. 


| Swimming in the back yard. 


Well, actually our pool died this year.  But it was fun while it lasted. 

RIP pool. 

| Hammock laying. 



Crossing off a summer bucket list item by completing the Blog Everyday in July challenge with Juliette, Faith, and Allie! Thanks guys!


Love, 
Allie










2 comments:

  1. Biker gang needs to happen! Do share about the death of your pool . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I saw a real biker gang today and thought of us, ha! Um, once upon a time my pool got old and went to pool heaven, because it was a really good pool. Its innertube broke and so it couldn't hold water, so it was like a 360 degree waterfall, which was cool until all the water was gone and it was dead.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - it's my favorite part of blogging - and I'll respond to every single comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...