Saturday, July 19, 2014

One Way or Another // Would You Rather

So, I started thinking.  I could be rendered inoperative at any time.  What if I eat myself into a food coma? What if I run a stop sign (not like I ever do that ever) and get hit by a car and knocked out?  Or I just fall asleep for a while? Or someone slips something into my juice box?  There may be some critical questions asked concerning my senses, personal assistants, and the state of my social media platforms, and I want someone to know what to answer for me.  It's in game form to make it seem less morbid and because of Blog Everyday in July.

Would you rather ...


1. Be blind or be deaf
Blind.  I switched my answer like five times, and each time it made me sadder because I realized how awful each one would be.  I had to do positive self-talk ("Allie, you're not really going to become blind or deaf. you're going to be okay. You're going to be okay. ") If I was blind, I could at least communicate withe people pretty easily and it would feel less isolated.

2. Be taller than you are or shorter than you are
Taller.  It would be handy for sports.  I've always wanted to be taller.

3. Be a teenager or a senior citizen for the rest of your life
Senior citizen.  They've got it a lot more together than I do in my current teenage state. 

4. Have no hands or no legs
Shoot, these are good! Legs! That one guy in the Olympics had leg replacements, and he was still fast so that seems like a good choice.  

5. Lose your front teeth or both eyebrows
Teeth.  The fake version of those are more convincing. 

6. Eat a worm or a cockroach
Cockroach.  I feel like the texture of a worm is pretty revolting. 
7. Spend a day in the Sahara or North Pole
Sahara! I have always wanted to go to Africa, so. 

8. Have a personal chef or a personal driver
Personal driver, please! I enjoy cheffing. 

9. Always have to whisper or always have to shout
Whisper.  Shouting hurts, and it would be unacceptable in a lot more situations than whispering. 

10. Can't taste or can't smell
Can't smell.  You can't control when you smell things, so sometimes you smell bad things.  You don't have to taste bad things if you don't want.  Plus, food!  Except smell and taste are connected . . . so is this a trick question?

11. Wipe with sandpaper or saran wrap
Ewwww, saran wrap? Saran wrap.  But I think I can hold it. 

12. Have Twitter shut down for a day or your blog disappear for a day.  
Considering how Twitter is not one of my strong points, it can go and I probably won't miss it. 

13. Text of your blog is screwed up or all the pictures you post on your blog are blurry
I'll take those blurry pictures.  I could probably pass that off as being artsy.

14. Never be able to post another GIF or never be able to receive comments on your posts
Never be able to post another GIF.  I just figured them out and I love them, but I LOVE COMMENTS EVEN MORE! 

15. Have a permanent wedgie or have the tag on your shirt constantly scratch your neck
Is this even a question? Have you ever had a wedgie? Tag, please!

Thanks to Juliette, Faith, and Allie for the write it yourself will would you rathers!



Love,
Allie

Ok, but I'm still not sure about the whole blind/deaf thing, so don't hold me to that. Which would you choose? 

7 comments:

  1. Visiting from the link up! I go back and forth on the blind or deaf thing too…I usually settle on being deaf but It's a struggle to think about not being able to listen to music. T.V. and movies and all that has closed captioning and there's sign language and SO many other ways to communicate. Where as with being blind I'd miss driving and photography and all the things I use my eyes for…it's such a tough choice though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think about this a lot? ;) That's true though, and lots of deaf people can read lips and stuff. I guess it's just a good thing that I'm not actually going to have to make that decision any time soon!

      Delete
  2. The taste/smell question was totally a trick one...The blind/dead one really bothered me. I think it did a lot of people. I also had to do the positive self talk. Like, 'you're not actually choosing this. It's hypothetical'... I could not imagine not being able to hear someone I love tell me they love me though...or music... or a baby's giggle.. ((sigh))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. deaf! deaf! Not dead. I did that in my post too. So.Embarrassing

      Delete
    2. Right? Nice try, Allie! (the other one) I'm glad I'm not the only one who had trouble with that one and had to do the whole self-talk thing, haha! It's hard! I think we both just need to try really hard to keep all of our senses functioning!

      Delete

I love hearing from you - it's my favorite part of blogging - and I'll respond to every single comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...