Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Say What You Need To Say // A Not Entirely Unhateful Letter To P90X

It's Letter to an Inanimate Object day at #BEIJ, and I decided that you all probably wanted to hear me read my letter in person because it's more heartfelt that way.  Enjoy! (P.S. in case you're not in a video watching mood, in a library without headphones, or in the living room with your parents and are afraid that I'm going to say something inappropriate, I printed it below!)




Dear P90X,

Okay, first of all, why is that even your name?  I get
the ninety thing, as in 90 days, right? But what about the P and the X?  Tony says that the X is for exteme in one of the videos, Chest and Back I believe, but that can't be right because extreme starts with an E.  Anyway, that's not why I'm writing this.

I feel like I owe you an apology, because I yelled at you while working out this morning and then proceeded to go about my day, telling people how much I hated you.  I don't really hate you, it's more that I'm out of shape and you make me realize that and it makes me uncomfortable.  It's a lot easier to pretend you're super skinny and fit when you aren't trying to pull your entire body up using just your arms.  And you made me do that a lot today.  Not that I can actually do that, but you made me try and it did not do wonders for my self-confidence, just saying.

That being said, I'm also sorry for neglecting you for a million years.  I just got to the point where I couldn't handle the weight you put on my shoulders, biceps, triceps, quads, and every other muscle you made me lift with.  they say that you don't know a good thing until it's gone, and that's true because now that I've been away from you for almost two years, I really wish I could do even half of the pushups, mason twists, and groucho walks that I hated doing two years ago, when I spent regular time with you.  This one's all on me. But seriously, you put me through a lot and you can't expect a person to just come back for more after all that pain.

So, thanks for making me fit once and thanks for being willing to go through all that with me again, even with the possibility of me getting twisted up in some scandal with the cake, cookies, and Netflix marathons once it's all over.  You're brave, P90.  I'll give you that much.

Later, skater.

Allie

To see letters to Netflix, a bathtub, and ranch dressing , hit up Juliette, Faith, and Allie, respectively!  While you're at it, check out the whole dang blog everyday in July challenge!






2 comments:

  1. I've never done P90X or know anybody that's tried it, but it's cool that you're still going with it! Keep on keeping on girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you:) It's awesome in the way that it makes you sweat like you didn't know was possible and be perpetually sore, haha! It does get you into great shape, though. Just lots of sweat, especially if you're me.

      Delete

I love hearing from you - it's my favorite part of blogging - and I'll respond to every single comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...