Sunday, July 20, 2014

Hi, Nice To Meet You // A Link Up About Getting to Know You

Hey!
I'm Allie, and I'm the girl behind a blog called Reckless, where I write about my life and how I'm learning to love, recklessly! (Hence the name.) But not a boy, because cooties hello! Just the people around me. Things I'm already good at loving: cooking, good, long talks, and pretty things.  I'm also fairly new to the blogging scene, so I'm linking up with Kristen (aka the Miscellaneous Mom) to get to know some awesome new bloggers, and also so you all can get to know me!

Also, I realize that it says Saturday in the title and it's Monday.  I'm a little tardy to the party. 


| What was your favorite food as a child? 

Cheeeeeeeseburgers! I have literally loved them since I was two years old, and I asked for them for my birthday meal for about the first ten birthdays in a row. 

| What's the #1 most played song on your iPod? 

I don't buy music, because I'm cheap thrifty money smart.  However, the song that I always try to trick free Spotify into playing for me over and over is La Da Dee, by Cody Simpson.  Don't make fun of me. 

| What is one of your favorite quotes? 

Hold on, let me consult Pinterest. . . okay! Survey says: 



| What's your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? 

When I'm inside, you'll find me doing anything from cooking to having a solo dance party to DIYing something. Outside, sand volleyball is where it's at! 

| What is your favorite form of exercise?

Erhhm, anything that doesn't feel like exercise?  I like to switch it up - I run, bike, walk, swim, hike, lift weights, play sports, or play active ish video games! As long as I'm moving.  My favorite is probably sand volleyball, though.  Broken record. 

| What is your favorite time of day? 

Morning! I also like sleeping in, but when I'm up, I love it! Plus, morning includes breakfast, which is my absolute favorite meal.  Win-win. 

| What's your favorite mode of transportation? 

This isn't practical, but it would be kind of cool to be able to boat everywhere! 

| What sound do you love? 

The. Ocean. Hands down! 

| If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for? 

I'd do something for my parent's wedding anniversary - probably try and recreate their reception.  Fly in the wedding party and a bunch of friends, replicate the cake, book the same DJ. 

| If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? 

They're already around, but I'd pick them anyway: my parents.  They are amazing, and I've seriously learned so, so much from them!  It's scary to think what would happen to me if they weren't my mentors! 

| If you could learn to do anything, what would you do? 

I'd learn to speak a foreign language fluently.  Or maybe Latin.  It's dead, but it would help explain a lot  of our words now and it's pretty. 

| If you had to only work on one project for the next year, what would you do?

Oooohh, I like this question!  Good one!  I'd work on the small group devotional program that we're trying to get started at school.  It's a really cool idea, but it needs a lot of work and my undivided attention could help a lot in that area, I believe! 

| If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? 

Jane.  It's old fashioned and unique without being too showy. 

| If you could meet anyone, alive or dead, who would it be! 

Malcolm Gladwelllllll!!! Maybe if I post about him enough, he'll invite me to be his personal assistant or something? Maybe?

| What do you want to be when you grow up? 

I want to do education research or something Jesus-y, or both if possible! 

| What would you name the autobiography of your life?

Try Again

| Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad, but turned out to be for the best? 

So, so, soooo many times!  One of my favorites is when I had a really badly broken relationship with a friend, but then got to see it healed in a truly amazing way. 

| What was the last experience that made you a stronger person? 

I'm currently nannying for two boys aged seven and nine.  I learn something every day, and it's definitely making me stronger. 

| What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?

I've had more detentions for dress code violations than I care to admit, and I can be really bad about cleaning up messes.   Like, you should see my room. 

| When was the last time you had an amazing meal?

It'll be a week ago tomorrow (that's how important my food is to me.) It was breakfast in the south - biscuits, grits, peaches, eggs, bacon, orange juice, and milk.  I almost exploded. 

| What do you miss most about being a kid?

I'm still not legally and adult, but what I miss most about being at the younger end of the range of kid ages is having nothing to do.  I'm always really busy, and I wish I could be bored just for a little while!


Love, 
Allie









2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! It's nice meeting you and look forward to following your blog and your God led journey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! The questions were really fun! And, thanks :) I stalked your blog a little before linking up, and I'm excited to keep up with you as well!

      Delete

I love hearing from you - it's my favorite part of blogging - and I'll respond to every single comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...