Monday, July 21, 2014

GIFs // No, Not Like The Nut Butter

This is going to be pretty sick.  As in, a serious case of word vomit.  Well, more like the kind of word vomit that would happen if I had also consumed, along with the words, a large side order of GIFs.   I'm not sure who coined the term "word vomit", but I like it.  Also, I feel like it's not completely accurate because regular vomiting is not fun and word vomiting is.  Additionally, sometimes word vomiting can be a nice break from the norm, whereas regular vomiting is a break from the norm but rarely nice.  

So, when I found out that we had to do GIFs today (as a part of the Blog Everyday in July challenge) I was like:


because I had never used a GIF in a blog post ever and so obviously they were really, really hard to use.  And unfortunately some of us don't have a source of unlimited free GIFs that we can use without even naming names, so where was I even supposed to find GIFs that I could use without being arrested if the police ever read my blog? 

I was having a tough time (understandably so, considering the circumstances), so I ate, duh. 

Which made the situation a lot better.  

Then I Googled "How to Use a GIF/Image" and apparently it's easier than it sounds.  So I gave it a shot. And I successfully added this GIF to my post. 


Isn't it so cute? Why doesn't my cat do this? I'm getting a new cat.  Bye, Si/Pepper.  And that is how I discovered that GIFs are a wonderful thing. 

As you can imagine, I was feeling kind of like this ish after that little win. 

(source)

You know, fabulous.  So I thought, "You know what would be really cool? If I MADE MY OWN GIFs for this post! It would literally be my day in GIFs! Why didn't I do that? I should totally do that!" 

Yeah. And then I was like, "Great idea Miss I-Just-Learned-How-To-Use-A-GIF."


But, I mean, it was kind of a fun idea.  

Then, my dad went to bed and I was left basically alone in the house at night and lonely, and so I turned on the TV and was really really reallllllly hoping that Friends would be on.  


But I knew I had about as big of a chance of watching Friends tonight as Andy up there probably does of getting whatever he wants.  

If you don't watch The Office, you may think that that's a good thing.  I'm here to tell you it's not.  What Andy wants rarely happens, which is why The Office is funny and I was so sad. 


But I scrolled through the channels even though I knew it wasn't happening. And guess what? 
IT WAS ON!!!!


Which means that, obviously, all the Friends celebrated with me. 




And that is how, thanks to Juliette, Faith, and Allie, I overcame my fear of GIFs. 

Oh! And you know what I just realized? JK Rowling totally invented GIFs! Remember these? 


Yep.  Before it was cool. 

Anyway, from here on out, I can tell that there will probably be a lot more GIF vomit.  And if anyone asks who coined the term GIF vomit, that was me. 



Love, 
Allie











11 comments:

  1. BAHAHAH! I felt the some way when I saw the topic and I'm pretty sure I didn't follow the prompt correctly. But oh well. ALSO I LOVE the idea that JK Rowling created the GIF first. Brilliant. Cuz you're right she did. She's brilliant too. I mean obviously!

    Stopping by from the link up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, I checked out your post and it totally followed the prompt because 1. it had GIFs 2. do your days not include Grey's Anatomy? I know, I realized it and my mind was just completely blown! This is why she's so great!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JK ROWLING INVENTED GIFS! That's bloody brilliant! (See what I did there?) You're a wizard (er, witch), Allie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, you're great. Um, bloody great? Should we get a butterbeer to celebrate?

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - the friends gifs... HAHA!! and I am so glad I'm not the only one late to the gif party. I only really started using them when I started this 'blog every day in July' thing and now I think I'm a tad obsessed. BTW - let me know if you figure out an easy way to make the gifs. I tried and didn't have the patience...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the fat Monica one the most, haha! I know, now that I know they're as easy to use as a regular picture, this blog is basically going to be GIFs on GIFs on Gifs, forever. I will for sure! I really want to figure it out!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of the Friend's GIFs!!! And of course a good Emma GIF always fits in perfectly!!!

    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Emma GIF may be my favorite of all times, even if it hits a liiiiiiiittle too close to home sometimes!

      Delete

I love hearing from you - it's my favorite part of blogging - and I'll respond to every single comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...