Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I Love Me // It's Exactly What It Sounds Like, But Less Conceited


We're being all self-appreciatey over here today, and I have to admit that I don't feel all that comfortable with it.  I don't know what's up with that.  There's a part of me that's always avoided giving myself too much credit for fear that I'll think I'm good enough and not try to get better.  There's also my entire brain, which thinks that loving things about myself won't really get me anywhere; or at least the amount that I love myself should be a lot smaller that the amount that I love other people.  But then my brain totally switches sides and says, "Well, if you don't love yourself at all, you definitely aren't going to love anyone else."  Except I'm not sure if that's really true.

"You seem to be at war with yourself." 
Well, I am, Flynn.  I'm trying to figure out whether to boycott this post or to just go along with it.

After some serious thinking and about twenty - four hours, I've decided to go with it. Hurrrrr we go.

| I don't need glasses. It's handy. Also, I'm not deaf, mute or paralyzed; basically, my body works pretty well, except when I fill it up with popcorn chicken and popcorn corn. (May or may not be what I had for lunch today.) Luckily, that's something that I'm capable of changing. I think.

| I got those book smarts. Which is nice, because it's made life a lot easier and (hopefully) college a lot freer.  I feel obligated to tell you that any intelligence I have is extremely compartmentalized, meaning that common sense is really hard for me and I can be a little slow on the uptake most of the time.  Is there a way to work on that? 

| I'm childlike. And, NO, that's not the same as being childish! 


No, it's not.


So not the same.


Go away, pictures! 

Anyway, I like acting like a kid, and that keeps me young or something.  Coloring, doing dolls' hair, dressing up for Halloween, riding the penny pony at Meijer ... it's good for me, and I like it. Some would argue that I am a kid, and technically, they'd be right. But I'd venture a guess that I'm a little more kid-ish than you'd expect for someone my age, and I like it that way. 

| I can work hard and maintain a certain level of discipline. ( says the girl who just had popcorn chicken and popcorn corn for dinner. Hey, I said I can, not I am.) It's true, as evidenced by the fact that I made it through P90X once and didn't fail my online class this year. So, even if I'm not currently showing signs of these abilities, they're in there. Deep, deep, deep down. 

| I can't make my tongue into a taco shell. Did you know that the inability to taco your tongue is a recessive gene? So, yeah, I'm rare. And I'm proud of that. 

| (Cheating for number 6) I can blog, and today I can link up with Faith, Juliette, and Allie for to Blog Everyday in July.

Love,
Allie

2 comments:

  1. Well, if you're going to be a Disney character, Flynn is a pretty good choice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE HIM!!! I just watched Tangled again last night and remembered how great he is, haha!

      Delete

I love hearing from you - it's my favorite part of blogging - and I'll respond to every single comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...