Thursday, July 17, 2014

Favorite This // Things I'm Loving

If you're anything like me, and everyone else in the world is anything like you, we spend a lot of time talking about the things we enjoy the most.  Something makes us so happy - whether it's a coworker, a novel, a pet goldfish, a painting - that we just can't contain ourselves and soon enough, everyone knows about it.  Am I right?

Not only can we not help talking about it, but we crave that kind of conversation, looking for opportunities to bring up what we can't stand not to.  I once heard that kind of obsession describing a real, alive relationship with God, and I think that's the perfect way to think about it.  If I was as into God as I was into, say, making French bread from scratch, how would I live? Food for thought.

Anyway, that's what's up today.  Thirty something bloggers, sharing what brings us too much joy not to share, what we've really been wanting to write about this entire time.  Speak for myself -  I better get to the favorites before I explode with not telling you! Here's what's had center stage in my brain lately.








It's kind of taking over my phone.  I now have a folder of blog pictures, plenty of blog apps, and notes on notes on notes of ideas, drafts, color codes - you name it!  I'm kind of like that first-time mom on Facebook with the zillions of pictures of her adorable baby.  So I guess that makes my blog my baby. Cool.











I've always liked frozen yogurt shops, mostly because you get to serve yourself, which means no one else gets to put a damper on my creativity when it comes to the amount and variety of flavors that go into my yogurt cup.  Win! Even with all that freedom, though, I can't pull myself away from raspberry froyo with toasted coconut and liiiiiittle chocolate chips. Mm mmmm!












My dad and I have been hitting the sand volleyball courts down the street for going on five years now, so it's not like I just discovered it.  Lately, though, I've been using it as my workout, and it's a lot more fun for me than running or pushups.  I've got my little brother hooked, so now he's more than willing to play some one-on-one with me.  It's like having my own personal practice partner!













Yeah, I don't know, either.  Usually I'm not a fan of action movies, but I can't get enough of these three lately!  It's a mystery, but I'll take it.






It's a Jesus book, and it focuses on God's love for us.   My goal for our vacation time was to get to know how the Father cares for us, and this book really guided me on the way! (More on that later.) Plus, that ocean backdrop . . . not bad!







Especially when it gives me fresh green beans, which are some of my favorite things ever.  We don't usually eat them at home, but when they're available at weddings or, say, prom or something, I squeeze as many onto my plate as is acceptable is humanly possible.













This baguette was one of the most exciting things that's happened in our kitchen in a long time.  Really, though - did you know you have to throw ice cubes into the oven at the exact same time that you put the baguette in to make the crust crispy? See, lots of action!













If you follow me on Instagram, you may recognize this beaut as my #womancrushwednesday.  That's because, over the last few weeks, I've been surrounded by a lot of rural-ness and kind of fallen head over heels for it.  The people are nice,  life slows down a little, and the landscape is so pretty.  I might need to move permenantly.









The fact that blogging is a current favorite may be due in part to the Blog Everyday in July challenge hosted by Juliette, Faith, and Allie!


Love, 
Allie

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE home grown (I almost said homemade) green beans! And raspberry coconut? My new favorite flavor too, I can already tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wellll, looks like you have yourself a green bean supplier (me, because I'ma farmer.) It's SO GOOD!

      Delete

I love hearing from you - it's my favorite part of blogging - and I'll respond to every single comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...