Wednesday, July 30, 2014

No Ragrets // Things That I'm Sorry Not Sorry For

I don't usually use #SorryNotSorry, because it sounds really sassy to me and I am a former sass master trying to amend my ways.  I don't have a problem with it, but it's kind of like giving drugs to a recovering addict.  I'd probably take it wayyyyy to far (see number four.) (No, they're not numbered.  You just have to count.)  So, I did some looking around the internet to up my level of previous knowledge for this post, and I found this guy.  If he doesn't embody #SorryNotSorry, #YOLO, and every stereotype of my generation in general, I don't know who does.

I got this from Google. Thanks, Google. 
 So, under the expert guidance of the no ragrets guy (who Google informed me is actually named Scottie P.), I composed this list.

I'm not sorry . . .

| When I accidentally serve a really, really wicked serve at my dad when we're playing sand volleyball.  Like, the kind that is so far away from him and has so much spin that he couldn't ever possibly reach it if he had bionic legs and a ten second head start.  Did I do it on purpose? No. (I'm not capable of that, puh-lease.)  Do I feel a little sorry for him? Yes.  Am I giving the point back? Nope. #SorryNotSorry

| When I eat a dream bar for breakfast and that's all cough cough today cough cough.  I think that if there's ever a time in my life when I'm going to eat a dream bar for breakfast, that time should be now.  Granted, I'll probably think that every day that I eat a dream bar for breakfast for the rest of my life, but whatever.  Someday, when life has settled down and I'm no longer staying up late watching Tangled partying, I'll eat kale or something.  Not now.  #SorryNotSorry

And on a related note . . .

| When I eat the last dream bar / piece of cake / bites of casserole.  No, I'm not even sorry for the casserole.  I know how it feels to expect to eat super delicious leftovers for lunch only to find them gone.  I really do.  But if I had the choice to make again, you can bet your . . . casserole leftovers? that I'm just going to eat it.  Every time.  #SorryNotSorry

| When I take things a little too far.  Okay, most of the time I'm not sorry.  Sometimes I really do go too for.  Most of the time, though, I just say something in the name of good clean fun that somebody did not want me to say or text someone that shouldn't be texted or draw eyeliner not anywhere near eyes or my own face, etc.  And I always feel like it's not that bad.  #SorryNotSorry #Usually

| When I wear something that "doesn't match."  Admittedly, I may have taken the freedom I found in the new high school dress code a leeeeeettle too far those first couple years.  As it turns out, being restrained to polos and khakis may have been in my best interest.  But sorry? Nah.  I enjoyed it, I thought I looked good, and I managed to make a couple friends and not fail at most things while I was at it, so #SorryNotSorry.

Seriously, though, I'll try to find some pictures.  I looked like I got dressed in the dark, daily.  Or maybe in the light, but I was too ADD to remember what look I was going for from one piece of clothing to the next.  (Ironically, one day I actually did get dressed in the dark because of a power outage, and I think I wore things that coordinated pretty well that day.)

| About that time that I backed into a pole and cracked the rear bumper of our new to us / used car.  Actually, this is a lie.  I totally still feel bad about that every time I look at that poor car.  #Sorry

| When the kids I babysit every day sleep in so I basically get paid to blog cough cough right now cough cough.  #SorryNotSorry #PleaseKeepSleeping

| When I stay up all night reading a book, then sleep for two hours and get up and continue reading until I'm done.  And then have a major book hangover.  This happened with the DaVinci Code, and I don't really think that giving myself literature - induced hangovers is a healthy habit, but I had to know what was going to happen. #SorryNotSorry

| When I go on a thirty-day link up binge with Juliette, Faith, and Allie.  Also, when I shamelessly use the prompt they give to make a horrible segue into the whole link-up spiel. #SorryNotSorry


Love,
Allie


8 comments:

  1. When I watched that movie I couldn't quit laughing! I may have looked or sounded dumb, but I don't care. It was hilarious! And I'll admit it, NO RAGRETS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually haven't seen it, but I totally would have been right there with you! I tend to think things are waaaayyyy too funny! No ragrets indeed :)

      Delete
  2. I love that you used the No Ragrets GIF - kills me.

    What the heck is a dream bar??

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! When I saw today's topic, I was like, yep, that needs to happen! Oh, man. I just discovered them a couple days ago - its butter and flour and sugar with eggs and butter and sugar on top and it is so. good.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE that gif (and the movie). Too funny! I also love that you called yourself a "former sass master" --- hahaha! You are too funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, so it sounds like I need to see the movie that this GIF belongs to sometime in the near future, right? Former might not be completely accurate . . . I'm working on it, haha!

      Delete
  4. never apologize for reading to much or indulging in dream bars!!! Live your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like those were the perfect #SorryNotSorry post items, huh? Thanks, I will, unhealthy habits and all ;)

      Delete

I love hearing from you - it's my favorite part of blogging - and I'll respond to every single comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...