Sunday, February 1, 2015

Because Not Everyone Watches the Superbowl // What I've Been Reading

So, Superbowl Sunday.   Is it a good idea to even post today, when 14 million humans are expected to be locked on their TVs for the better part of the afternoon?  I think yes, because I have proof that the non-Superbowl watching American does exist.  Because last year, I may have spent the entire Seahawks-Broncos match up in bed, reading The Fault in Our Stars on my laptop with a plate of football watching food nearby.  Because I am classy. 

Are you also classy?  I hope so.  I like to think that chivalry is not dead, or whatever, and there are still those of use who prefer the company of John Green and thick blankets to that of football and real people.  (Not that football and real people are bad.  I just really want you to see the links so we can talk about them!) There's no John Green here today, but the internet's always full of good, interesting reads - here are my favorites from this week!


{ DEAR YOU WHO DOESN'T WANT TO DO THAT HARD THING }

This article effectively caused me to get up off of the couch and start a workout at 11:30 pm.  Read it, please, read it, but be prepared to do a lot of hard things afterwards.



{ 9 WAYS TO MAKE LIVING OVERSEAS A REALITY } 



{ TRUE STORY: I CHEATED ON MY HUSBAND }

The fact that this interview is about a woman who cheated on her husband makes it sound like it could be trashy and degrading; in reality, it's anything but that.  This and the following interview, which tells the other side of the story, are installments in Sarah Von Bargen's "True Story" series, in which she interview people who have gone through unique or difficult situations.  They're always tastefully, respectfully done and give a really interesting insight into a situation that I usually have not been able to understand or empathize with before.


{ TRUE STORY: MY HUSBAND CHEATED. I STAYED + WE WORKED THROUGH IT. }





P.S. What did you think of this week's reads?  Did anything catch your eye / bother you / make you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - it's my favorite part of blogging - and I'll respond to every single comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...