Saturday, January 31, 2015

Blog Friends Are the Best // 13 Things Project Revealed

A couple weeks ago, I had what may very well have been the most exciting Monday of my life.  And, I mean, I've had some pretty exciting Mondays.  I think one time I stopped and bought myself a coffee on the way to school on a Monday.  My birthday's probably fallen on a Monday at least twice, and for sure once because I rememver it. Also, sometimes we get Mondays off of school for President's Day or Memorial Day or some other national holiday and it's really chill and we go bowling or sleep in or something, which is fun.  BUT this Monday was even better than any of those Mondays, because of 1) a great, exciting interview and 2) Carolyn emailed me with one of the best ideas I have ever heard of. 

The great, exciting interview was with the summer camp I've always loved (and have now been offered a job at, yay!) but it's totally irrelevant as far as this post is concerned, so we'll talk about that another time.  What I'm concerned about is the project that Carolyn and I are working on, the one that I jerkishly alluded to without explaning in last Friday's post and that I'm now openly posting about.



 
Here's the game plan: each of use writes a list of thirteen tasks for the other person to do.  We trade, we do the things, we document it on our blogs and on Instagram and everywhere else and hashtag it #thirteenthingsproject.  The idea comes from a book that Carolyn's read and that I'm working on someday reading, Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson.  She says it's amazing and that you should read it - check it out and we can be book reading buddies!

Starting today, Carolyn and I are going to work on completing the lists that we made for each other.  Here's what I'll be up to:

1. Go to a cafe or restaurant you've wanted to go too but haven't been yet.
2. Buy a packet of your favourite sweets and share them with your mum and/or dad.
3.  Write a letter to someone.  Send it to them.
4. Wear your hair in a different way from what you've ever done before.
5. Go for a long walk while listening to this playlist (it can be in any order you want!)
Allie note: I decided not to include the playlist in this post, but I can tell you that it's great and that if you want it, I'm willing to share!
6.  Buy a white t-shirt. Tie dye the t-shirt.  Wear the t-shirt.
7. Let someone borrow your copy of a book that means a lot to you. 
8.  Document your day in photographs.
9. Eat Nutella out the jar with a spoon.
10.  Get a set of sticky notes and write motivational/positive quotes, lyrics and thoughts on them.  Stick them in random places to make someone's day better.
11. Eat some ice cream while watching your favourite Harry Potter movie.
12. Make a CD/Playlist/Mixtape (if you want to be old school) of songs that mean a lot to you.  Give it to someone that means a lot to you.
13.  Watch The Perks Of Being A Wallflower, it's one of my favourite movies.

Yes, Caroly, yes!  Because now I have to watch The Goblet of Fire while eating chocolate brownie ice cream and I have to go to that super fancy restaurant I've been eyeing and I have to eat Nutella out of the jar (because otherwise, I would never do that ever, duh) (sarcasm). I honestly can't wait, and I am still so excited about this idea and the fact that I get to do it with Carolyn!

You can read her list for me here - she's got some fun stuff lined up for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - it's my favorite part of blogging - and I'll respond to every single comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...