Sunday, February 8, 2015

Because Words Are More Fun Than Pre-Calculus Homework // What I Am Reading


As you're reading this, I'm curled up in the big, blue reclining armchair in the corner, where no one will bother to look for me but not so obscure that I can't call out to ask for another mug of hot cocoa.  It's been a little bit of a crazy week for me - I started my first real job, participated in a scholarship competition across the state, and whirled home in time for Sadie Hawkins and all of the festivities that come with it. (i.e., pancake eating, sledding, and sleepover giggling.  It's a lot of work. )  


I'm sure I'm not the only one who's a little run down today.  The week's events have been wearing away at just about everyone, I'm sure.  There's been hacking and some scary stuff from Isis  and new, possibly freer internet policy along with the roller coaster of emotions that I, for one, experienced as I learned about Harper Lee's new/long-lost novel.  It's good to know about those things; to empathize and to be able to participate in what's going on around us.  Let's take a few minutes to appreciate some pretty things though, yeah?   Stunning photos of traveling Americans taken by a hitchhiking amateur photographer, inspiration from an incredible Detroit working man, and dreams of world-renowned architecture and gyros from Greece. Because bad things happen and it's important to know about them and to empathize and participate in what's up, but it's also important to see the other side of the story. Dig in!



{ MIKE BRODIE PHOTOGRAPHY }


Mike Brodie hitchhiked across the country and captured it, then disappeared from the picture-taking world and left this behind.




{HEART AND SOLE: DETROITER WALKS 21 MILES IN WORK COMMUTE}


Some people are incredible in their willingness to walk the extra mile.  This guy is one of them, literally.





{HOW TO WIN AT TWITTER PARTIES}


Amber Thomas of Mr. Thomas and Me gives her guide to Twitter chats and how to make them really work + have fun doing it.




{GO SET A WATCHMAN}


Harper Lee wrote a sequel to To Kill a Mockingbird, and it's being released.  Sounds like a win-win, but there's question as to whether that's the way she really wants things. 


{TOP 5 SIGHTS TO SEE IN GREECE}


One of my good blogger and real-life friends, Allison from Something Beautiful, shows you around Greece, from obscure, accidental finds to world-famous architecture.


Happy Sunday!


Allie




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - it's my favorite part of blogging - and I'll respond to every single comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...