Sunday, February 15, 2015

Because We Get An Extra Day // What I'm Reading

Happy Sunday, world!  How are you? Is the weather pretty? Do you get to stay home from school or work tomorrow because of a winter break or President's Day? Long weekends are such a good thing, aren't they?

I'm one hundred percent in favor of one more weekend day, because I partied hard last night (cough cough, got home at 10 and immediately went to bed) and am spending today working and babysitting.  Tomorrow will definitely be full of blog catching up and book reading and getting my life together somewhat ( I'm looking at you, college applications.)  Whether you've got a long weekend or not, everyone could use a break, right? Kick back with your iPad and a glass of something delicious - here's what I'm reading!



{ ADNAN SYED GRANTED AN APPEAL }
Remember that kid from Serial?  It turns out that everything wasn't completely right the first time and he's getting another chance, thanks in part to the podcast.



{ WILL YOU SEE MR GREY? TWO REASONS YOU MIGHT BUT SHOULDN'T }

I read a few pages of Fifty Shades when it first came out to find out what the buzz was about, and it's just not a good idea.  Here's one perspective that I think sheds a lot of light on why something that (I think, at least) is so clearly wrong can be so wildly popular.



17 THINGS YOU SHOULD DO AT LEAST ONCE IN YOUR LIFE

Get out that bucket list! Here are a few crazy things and few totally ordinary things that you're going to want to add.



{ CAREER 101: THE JOB SEARCH }

Experts weigh in at Cupcakes and Cashmere with their best advice on what to do to land a job.




{ EASY A-FRAME LADDER BOOKSHELF }

This bookshelf is so cool and rustic, and the DIY part doesn't sound nearly as intimidating as building a bookshelf should.  My dad doesn't really need that ladder, does he?

Where do you fall with the whole Fifty Shades of Grey thing?  Which of the seventeen things can you not wait to cross off your bucket list now?

I'll be right back here tomorrow with my super-embarrassing scholarship competition story, so get excited about that!

Until then,

Allie

P.S. I'm joining Karen from Calm to Conniption for The Ultimate Rabbit hole, a link up for posts full of links!  If you regularly do that kind of post, this is a really cool way of meeting other bloggers and going as deep down the internet rabbit hole as humanly possible.  

1 comment:

  1. I am late on the boat with the Serial podcast but now 3 episodes in I am loving it. So interesting.
    I won't be seeing 50 Shades, I also haven't read the book. I figure time is of the essence and I would prefer to loose a few hours reading or watching something with a bit more substance. Not that I am a prude by any means.
    Great links and thanks for joining us again down the ultimate rabbit hole.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - it's my favorite part of blogging - and I'll respond to every single comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...