Saturday, February 21, 2015

I'm Sorry; I Got Home Late // What I'm Reading


It's 2:19 on Sunday morning as I start to write this, because that's the kind of person I am.  I should probably pretend that I'm a good blogger who had this post ready waayyy earlier in the week, because I'm on top of things. Unfortunately, that would be a lie, because obviously I'm just a mediocre blogger who plans her time poorly and ends up writing her Sunday blog post after getting home late from a concert on Saturday night.  (The concert, by the way, was Winter Jam, and it was amazing.  We'll talk about that later.)  The good news is that, however ridiculously I've procrastinated putting these links together for you, they're here and they're on time.  Let's get into it. 


 { I AM A WRITER: A DECLARATION }
We're writers because we write. Thanks to Tiffany Han for reminding me of that. 

{ I DON'T KNOW A LOT OF THINGS, BUT SOME THINGS I DO }
It starts with men's softball and moves on to encompass guilt, confidence, and what to wear - beautifully. 

{5 Reasons Why Being On Your Own Is A Good Thing}
Being on your own is good for all kinds of things, and Lena lays them out simply - not too deeply insightful or heavy.

{5 INGREDIENT SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN CHILI}
Because YUM and easy.  I'm going to try this for sure this week. 

{ OATMEAL LACE COOKIES }
And these, I actually did make.  I may have left one batch in the oven so long that they were literally vaporized. Don't do that.  They are so, so addicting, so make them at your own risk.  (But, seriously, make them.) 

Still not sure what to give up for Lent? Here ya go: what I should give up for Lent, but I'm absolutely not + 7 things I'm definitely not giving up for Lent + 10 things you should give up for Lent

And, if you're the news type, a few things I found interesting this week: UMass stopped discriminating + a same-sex couple got married legally even though it's banned where they did + a boy caught a fish so big I'm not sure it's real.  

Have a lovely Sunday!  I'll be sleeping a little and spending the evening watching Great Expectations with my AP English class at our teacher's house - small school perks! 

On deck: Things that make it a good day. 

See you!

Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - it's my favorite part of blogging - and I'll respond to every single comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...