Friday, January 2, 2015

Currently // The Best of Pinterest

The first Monday of Christmas break is kind of like those first few hours with the family members that you only see once every 5 years.  At the initial meeting, I'm never really sure how to act or what to do.  We haven't seen each other in a while. You mean, I don't have to get ready yet? Or ever?!? Isn't there something I should be studying for or items I should be desperately throwing in my backpack?   As we spend more time with each other, it all starts to come back. Ohhh, this is what a day off is like.  I get to choose my own activities and have snacks whenever I want.  And finally, I decide that I actually really like this weird new experience.  You mean I can make breakfast and read for as long as I want WITHOUT PUTTING ON REAL CLOTHES and stay out later than ten (but, let's be honest, that will happen on like two nights because I am elderly.) Yes, it's true, and all that free time is fantastic!  I generally find myself baking a looooot of pastry items, reading an average of a book every two days, going into DIY overdrive, and spending a little extra time trying new outfits and make up tricks.  Basically, I get to remember what I really like to do and Pinterest throws up on my life.  (No, Pre-Calc, that doesn't include you.  I know we spend a lot of time together, but I can't actually stand you.)  We're almost done with Christmas break, and I've still got long, long list of things that I can't wait to do.

| Arm knit everything!  I've made a scarf, but according to Pinterest you can also arm knit sweater blankets (YES PLEASE) and headbands and anything else that can be made out of yarn, and I'm going to knit them all.  Yes, you can come hang out and knit with me.  It's going to be so cool.

(It took me quite a few tutorials to find one that really clearly explained arm knitting - this one was the best!)

| These DIY bows and gift wrap stamping tutorials made wrapping Christmas a much more fun (yes, that's possible) and much longer process.  I love, love, love wrapping Christmas presents - I've always spent hours making them as beautiful (or, in my little brother's case, difficult to unwrap) as possible.  I got high tech this year and used Pinterest to up my game, and I am so glad that I did: DIY gift bows and the coolest way to wrap presents. 




| Thank you, Pinterest, for helping me look put together.  All I had to do was type the words "duck boots outift" into the search bar, and you made sure that I'd have enough options to be able to wear my new boots ever day, forever.  I appreciate that.  I wore this to see Wicked the other night - who knew I could dress those boots up? Not me! Thank goodness for Pinterest.
| Obviously, holidays = delicious food, and plenty of it.  Food to eat at home, food to take to a party, food to give as gifts, food to feed your dog because sometimes kitchen experiments go horribly, horribly wrong.  I used this brownie guide to make the perfect brownies for my friends' Christmas presents, and I know I'll be using it a lot in the future. Maybe daily.  There are a lot of brownie variations there.

Image via Handle The Heat

| I'm getting a poncho.  It's decided.  When I was little, I thought ponchos were the coolest things ever (because hello, they were.) There was a poncho for my American girl doll that came with a matching one for me, and to own that set was my best and brightest dream.  I'm not sure if I ever told anyone with money about that, but for one reason or another, I never had a poncho. My doll never had a poncho. I'd say that it's about time. 

| My English teacher is a saint because she provides hot drinks and cookies for us every single class period during the winter.  I've been looking forward to this part of the year and scouring the interned for the perfect mug since I saw last year's AP English class walking into her room with their own mugs and happy, expectant faces.  I think I've finally found it - it's simple and so fun!  Half of the mug becomes a chalkboard ready to be redecorated for whatever the day calls for.  I can't wait. 

Image via: Pretty Handy Girl

| All I eat is soup when it's cold outside.  That's not true.  I eat a lot of soup when it's cold outside.  I'll make a big pot at the beginning of the week and store it in the fridge with a threatening note on top so that I can take to school for my lunch every day without having to worry about someone else eating it.  I think 30 soup recipes is enough to get me through the winter, right? (That's a hint, Michigan.  By the time I've gone through my 30 soups, I'd like it to be at least a balmy 45 degrees.  Please?) In the meantime, here's this.

Image via Joyful Healthy Eats
I have some extra chalkboard paint left over from my mug, so I'm off to find anything else that I can justify turning into a mini chalkboard.  Notebooks?  Pencil cups? The refrigerator?  My phone? Stay tuned; things are getting interesting!

Allie

What do you do when you have time off?  Have you tried any of these yet? Do any of them catch your eye?






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - it's my favorite part of blogging - and I'll respond to every single comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...