Friday, August 1, 2014

You Guys, I Have An Accent // A Vlog

As you may have noticed, it's August today, which means that I missed my chance at free prints from Snapfish, my birthday is in ten days, and Blog Everyday in July is over.  

But it's not.  Juliette, Allie, and Faith kindly joined a new host, Lindsay from The Wife in Training (which, by the way, is so funny. Check it out!)  They wanted to hear our accents, so they added one last link up topic for today, asking us to answer a bunch of questions and say a some words. 

                                           
 Call me crazy, but I honestly don't think I have an accent - at most, I just sound kind of nasaly from time to time.  Midwest accents are not charming. Well, maybe they are!  Maybe you people from Texas and the Carolinas love the sound of a good northern accent just as much as I love the southern kind! I'll let you make that judgement for yourself.  (Drumroll please.) Please enjoy my second . . . everrrrr . . . VLOG!




I repeat, thanks for watching!  Just to keep it real . . . you should know that I literally had to clear out a hole in the clothes and general clutter that usually covers the floor of my room in order to film this.  I had my laptop set up on a laundry basket and I sat in the barely butt-sized hole that I had cleaned, just for this occasion. Also, I put on a bunch of makeup and a real shirt for your sake, but that's as far as I was willing to go.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I was either wearing pajama pants or none at all for the majority of this vlog.

So, yeah.  Not a professional.  I'm working on it.

Later, skater!
Allie


16 comments:

  1. HOW ARE YOU ABLE TO TALK SO FAST? I thoroughly enjoyed watching this and I think you should vlog on the regular. "Holo!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I practiced that word list, like, 40 times. Not that many. A lot. It was like, "Shoot, the vlog's in two days. I've got to get better at this!" Oh, thanks so much! It was so much fun . . . I think I will! Way to be inspirational.

      Delete
  2. Hahahaahaha this was fabulousssss!!! I think this is my favorite that I've watched so far!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, thank you so much Brianna! I was a little nervous about it . . . wow, thanks! :)

      Delete
  3. hehe, mine was totally not professional either and I'm pretty sure I said "um" in every other phrase. glad I'm not the only one that sped through it either! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know I'm not the only one! I tried to do it straight through once, and all I did was say um and look at my phone, haha!

      Delete
  4. That was so cute!!!!!!! You kind of do have an accent. I feel like most people who don't live in the same state as you will think you have an accent.
    P.S. You already found out, but I nominated you for the Liebster Award!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, gee thanks! Really? That is exciting! I'm going to talk so much more now! I think you're right about that, though.
      P.S. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I believe that I'm posting my post about it tomorrow!

      Delete
  5. I'm from Ohio and call carbonated beverages "pop" too, but after I moved to Florida for a few years I started calling it soda because people acted like they had no idea what I was talking about. The aisles in the grocery store with such beverages say 'soda-pop'. It's not a huge leap lol. I also say "hey guys" or "you guys" to address a group of people. That or 'ya'll'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy! A lot of people in the south literally have no idea what you're talking about when you refer to pop, but that's definitely what it's called!

      Delete
  6. Pretty sure your video was my fav of them all. I always says 'guys' too when addressing anyone (sorry ladies of the world) and YES to saying pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Gosh, thanks! Yeah, I don't know where the whole "guys" thing came from, but I guess it's okay! It's pop, period.

      Delete
  7. I live in the midwest as well. I loved your answers to the questions. Great Vlog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twins! Thank you :) It was so much fun to make!

      Delete
  8. Wow you rambled those words off really fast. And yea to me you have an accent but I'm from the deep south so that should explain things. Pee-can, buggy, lightning bugs. LOL

    http://faithhopelove02.blogspot.com/2014/08/accent-vlog.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I practiced, haha! I love that you call it a buggy ... I might have to start doing that :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you - it's my favorite part of blogging - and I'll respond to every single comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...