Friday, August 8, 2014

You Can Drink Happiness // Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake

Good morning! Oh, wait.  Afternoon?  I'm a little off today.  I spent last night playing one-arm volleyball, watching Pitch Perfect, and telling, among other things, my most embarassing story in an attempt at team bonding.  A girl who I play volleyball with hosted a lock-in for the team at her church, and, of course, we were determined to do anything but sleep.

 

 It was so, so fun!  (I am, by the way, half of the champion sardines team of the night. I know, I know.)  I got home around eight this morning and promptly put myself to bed, waking up only due to extreme hunger. Extreme.  So, here I am, and I'm discombobulated and I think maybe a little rambly. 

Even in super groggy state, though, I think I can pull myself together enough for a quick recipe!  Edna leaves me no choice.


Today's recipe is for one of my favorite breakfasts of all times, a chocolate peanut butter protein shake!  This thing keeps me full until lunch, it's good for me, and it takes like chocolate.  If you have a problem with any of that ... well, I mean we can still be friends and I won't suggest that you check yourself in to a mental hosptial.  I just don't get you.  

Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake
1-2 T peanut butter
1 T cocoa powder
1 c. water or milk
1 serving vanilla protein powder ( usually about 1/4 cup)
handful of ice (Maybe 6-7 cubes? Don't hole me to that!)
*optional: 1 cup of raw spinach, if you don't mind sacrificing your smoothie's looks for a little extra nutrition.

1. If you're using spinach, blend that up with the water first until it's nice and smooth.  You don't want spinach chunks in your smoothie. 

2.  After that, or for those who don't want a smoothie that resembles swamp mud (sad but true) blend all the ingredients until smooth.  Add more ice if it's not thick enough. 

Other add-ins:
Flax seed (good for digestion) 
Oats (good source of fiber; these should be blended with water before the entire smoothie is made as well.)
Cottage cheese (thickness, protein)


This smoothie is best enjoyed on a deck,  accompanied by a beautiful sunrise and plans for a lazy day ahead and slurped through a straw.  

Or really any time.  Anywhere.  Any way you can get it into your mouth. 

This has been another delicious post with: 



Happy smoothie drinking! 

Allie

What's your favorite smoothie flavor? I'm always on the look out for new thigs to try! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - it's my favorite part of blogging - and I'll respond to every single comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...