Thursday, April 9, 2015

Five for Friday // Favorite Things of the Week

Hi, everyone.  Hi.  I hope you've had a great week!  Mine's been spent spring breaking in Texas, doing everything from acquiring a really awesome tan line by the pool to learning how to clean shrimp and spending several hours in the car driving semi-aimlessly around the hill country in search of a really big field of blue bonnets.  (I'm still not sure this place actually exists, although I'd like to believe it's out there somewhere.)  Adventure has been had.  Also, I'm re-watching The Office, which I think is almost as good of a life decision as watching it in the first place.  

In the spirit of enjoying this week of no school and extra sunshine, some of my favorite things:

// Decaf Vanilla Mocha Lattes.  That exists, and I've been drinking them every day.  Jealous? We're living at my grandparents' house this week, and they have lots of fancy coffee things that we don't have, so I've been taking this opportunity to channel the inner barista that I never knew I had.  It's been really fun and the highlight of my mornings.  So, yes, I've been feeling very grown up while drinking my decaf coffee with hot chocolate mix and steamed milk and 4+ pumps of vanilla syrup.  



// Sitting in a hammock.  More grandparent house perks.  I think that when I'm a real adult who drinks actual caffeinated coffee in the morning, I'm going to have a hammock instead of a bed.  Because that is the kind of decision an adult gets to make.  

// Time with Jesus.  Sometimes, I forget that taking a few minutes to spend time with God every day is really, really important.  Well, guess what?  It's really, really important.  As in, key-to-living-a-fulfilling-life important, and essential-to-being-remotely-okay-towards-other-people important.  



// Being a flower photographer.  When you go south of Michigan, there are actually things growing everywhere and it's so beautiful and foreign to me after 5 months of winter that I have to take pictures of all of them.  






// Eating all the ice cream. Our family has an unspoken tradition of eating as much ice cream as possible while on vacation.  (Apparently, almost anything can be justified by the words, "It's tradition.")  When we're traveling, there is absolutely no wrong situation, time of day, or price point for ice cream.  If it's there, we're eating it.  It's one of the things I love about my family.  




I'd love to hear some of your favorite things this week!  What have you been up to?

Cheers!

Allie

1 comment:

  1. My favourite thing I spent this week was a theme park with a few friends and that I met one I've never seen before. This was such a wonderful Week. Happy easter afterwards :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - it's my favorite part of blogging - and I'll respond to every single comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...