Thursday, September 18, 2014

Ice Cream Hangover & Cold Showers // #CanWeNot

Hey you guys!  Today's the day - the #CanWeNot linkup is officially going live!  No longer do you have to sit back and let Nina and I have all the fun - you get to participate this week, too. That, and you get to meet a bunch of other bloggers who are ranting about their #canwenot moments, and who doesn't want to do that?  I think that last sentence was a logical fallacy, but if it gets you to try this link up than it's cool, right?  #CanWeNot is basically a great big girl talk minus the half-gallon of ice cream and spoons.  Come to think of it, maybe we need to find a way to incorporate half gallons of ice cream. Or just gallons. Yes?

Anyway, since you're going to be participating in #CanWeNot from now until death do us part, you're going to need to know how this works!

1.  Write a post including all of your #CanWeNot moments from the week.  (For examples of #CanWeNot moments, see below.)

2. Make sure to link back to Nina's #CanWeNot post for that day or mine so that you can connect with the rest of the link up. You can do that by simply adding a link that connects to one of our blogs in your post or grabbing this button to add.


3.  Add your link to the gadget at the end of this post to participate and let a bunch of other people read what you have to say.

4.Take a few minutes to read the other posts and meet some fellow bloggers - so fun!

Without further ado, my #CanWeNots for the week:

When my dog pooped on the floor of my room.  More accurately, he pooped on my clothes that were on my floor.  I don't know if you guys have ever woken up to the smell of dog poop, but I wouldn't recommend it.  I would recommend instead getting a nice crate with a humongous lock on it and locking your dog in it all night.  Watch out, Eddie.  #canwenot

Then there was the time that my shower at school didn't bother producing hot water until I was rinsing the conditioner out of my hair.  Only slightly worse than being being sweaty longer than necessary is attempting to get clean in a cold shower.   #canwenot

Also, there was the time that I lost my self control and ate way more spoonfuls of chocolate moose tracks straight out of the container than I should have WITH THE HELP OF FRIENDS WITH THE HELP OF FRIENDS I promise I didn't eat the whole half gallon completely by myself.  But yeah anyway that one didn't really become a #canwenot until the next morning when I felt like I was going to die. Feeling like you're dying unnecessarily is definitely a #canwenot.

This morning, I tried to ice my knee on the way to school, because it hurt and I needed relief.  Actually, I succeeded in icing it.  The trouble started when I put the bag of ice in my gym bag with plans to throw it away once I got into the building.  And then the trouble worsened when I forgot about it.  When the ice decided to go and melt, getting my practice clothes and volleyball shoes soaked through, things were downright tragic.  So, I'm not sure if this #canwenot is to the ice for doing what it physically had to do or to myself for forgetting about it. Let's blame the ice.  #canwenot, ice?  Forreal. Gosh.

To this sock that is on my left foot and has a hole right where my big toe is, resulting in a very cold big toe that keeps slipping out through the hole and making me very uncomfortable.  Not to mention that my foot looks like a hobo foot.  #canwenot.

Speaking of uncomfortable, can we talk about that permanent wedgie I had during volleyball practice today?  Why do wedgies even need to happen, ever? #canwenot.

Losing, as in volleyball games.  I'm competitive, and so losing is not fun for me and I'd really prefer not to.  In addition, not making mistakes would be beyond fabulous.  #canwenot?

A couple days ago, I woke up to some really pretty, soothing music.  "Oh, that's nice! My phone decide to play lullabies to me at 5:00 AM!  I can definitely sleep to this!"  It wasn't until I woke up again, this time around 6:30, that I realized that that soothing music had been my alarm.  Also, that I had half an hour to shower and get ready for school. #canwenot.

How about those hand spasms? Like the one I had today that sent my smoothie cup and all its contents into a mess on the counter just as I had finished adding the last ingredient.  Is this something I should see a doctor about?  I would love to be able to make my smoothies on the first try.  #canwenot.

Does anyone else have extremely sensitive ears?  Like, when you go running and it's colder than sixty degrees and your ears are exposed they almost freeze off?  And if they don't freeze off they just hurt really, really badly? No?  Well, I have those, and if I could change one thing about my body . . . well, sorry ears.  But you'd be the first to go.  Since I'm probably never going to have that option, though . . . #canwenot?

And that's all she wrote. Literally.

Allie

P.S. What are your #canwenot moments from this week?

P.S. again:  My link up tool isn't working, so go link up with Nina! Go go go!

.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - it's my favorite part of blogging - and I'll respond to every single comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...