Tuesday, May 19, 2015

It Was Only $.99 // It's a Fine, Fine Life 6

If you followed me at @recklessoninsta, you'd already have seen this.  Sincerely, This Is How I Make Friends  

I'm resisting the urge to just sit here on the floor and let my fingers fly around about the books I'm reading and how I finally got to go to the library to pick up Colson Whitehead's Sag Harbor (beyond excited to read that, by the way), because then you'll know that I have some, ahem, nerdy tendencies and my reputation will pretty much be ruined.  I'm too cool to risk it, so you can stop asking me about books right now, because it's not working. 

Shoot.  I just did that, didn't I?


For real, though, that's not what's going on here today.  Promise.  What's really going on is that I'm listening to music via my big girl Spotify account that I finally shelled out $0.99 for and am enjoying it immensely.   Most of my music listening is done in binge mode - I find a song that I like and obsess as hard as I can until I can't stand it anymore.  Case(s) in point:  Blank Space by TSwfit, Thinking Out Loud from my boy Ed, (it's okay for me to call him Ed.  he doesn't call me anything, so he can't complain.) Say It In a Song by The Graves.  I know - can you say "the most typical white girl EVER?"  Because if you were to talk about the songs that I binge listen to, you'd need to be able to say that.  It makes me happy and I have no apologies / regrets whatsoever. 

Anyway, up until three-ish days ago, Spotify Regular kept trying to change me.  "No, no you may not listen to a song whenever you want.  And you may absolutely not listen to the same song on REPEAT!  Oh, so you're trying to create a one-song playlist so that you can listen to it on "shuffle?" How about no.  I'm not buying the whole fifteen-song playlist made out of fifteen copies of the exact same version of "Young Love" thing, either.  I HAVE NO LOOPHOLES.  NO BINGE LISTENING."  Some people just don't get it, you know?  I'm going to find a way to binge listen, it just might not be with you, Spotify Regular.  You missed the chance of a lifetime.  

Bye forever, because on Saturday I upgraded myself to Spotify Premium, the major benefit of that being, of course, binge listening.  Jk, I'm pretty sure you can do other cool stuff. For instance: downloading playlists to your phone so you don't have to use all of your data on music while you're driving or otherwise Wifi-deprived.  There are also some other features, which I'm very clearly taking full advantage of. 

Can I tell you something?  This isn't even an ad!  (Although, if anyone knows a higher-up at Spotify, feel free to mention this to them so I can start making the big bucks and not starve in college  I mean, don't say anything if it's inconvenient.  This is just my survival we're talking about here, no big deal.)  I just am really enjoying having real Spotify and I want you to know so that you can go get THREE MONTHS of binge listening and other fun stuff for the low, low price of 99 little ones.   

In the mean time, I have three months of real Spotify on my hands and I can't spend the entire time binge listening.  The only problem is that I'm not really good at music, which means that a lot of what I listen to is courtesy of other people's taste, not mine.  I mean, I have the ultimate decision, but I am extremely open to assistance.  I'm looking for recommendations!  What are you listening to?  Let me know in the comments because Blanks Space is getting really, really old and I need you. 

This Spotify non-ad is part of the It's a Fine, Fine Life link up, where me and you and anyone else who wants to join meet and talk about why life is good.  Sound like something you'd like?  Just write your post about something, anything good, and bring the link back here.  I'd love to have you!



Allie






4 comments:

  1. What a great title "it's a fine, fine life" love that. ALSO lucky you only 99 cents. I've been paying a solid 9.99 euros each month but it's totally cool, I love Spotify and I wouldn't know what to do without it

    XO Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's a line from a song by For King & Country. I know, I'm so happy about that. I can already feel the withdrawals coming on three months in advance, because I don't think I'm going to be able to justify $9.99!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got nominated! http://brennasbadblog.blogspot.com/2015/05/creative-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nur Khalisah RahimanMay 28, 2015 at 6:56 AM

    Hey there!

    Spotify is probably the best music app I have ever used. The pre-made playlists just makes it quick and easy to listen to songs suitable to my moods. Grateful that I have it! An awesome post you have there :)

    Love,
    Khalisah

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - it's my favorite part of blogging - and I'll respond to every single comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...